Enter Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) from Vectur Energy: a programme designed to confront this challenge head-on.
With a strong focus on cost reduction and emissions control, advanced monitoring techniques for gas leak detection form our LDAR service. We use LDAR to identify and fix unintended emissions, driving maintenance activities that lower emissions.
Through LDAR implementation, certain sectors of the energy industry could potentially cut emissions from leaks significantly. The Environmental Protection Agency stated that chemical facilities could achieve a substantial 56% reduction in volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions by introducing an LDAR programme1.
LDAR also extends beyond environmental responsibility, as it improves safety for workers, operators, and the community. By addressing leaks at their source, LDAR not only mitigates environmental impact but also safeguards against product losses.
Central to LDAR’s effectiveness at Vectur Energy is the integration of cutting-edge technology from SENSIA. Through an AI-powered dashboard data digestor, our service means you can experience real-time control over gas leaks and emissions. This round-the-clock vigilance not only enhances environmental protection, but also elevates safety standards. With unmanned sites continuously monitored, risks are mitigated, and potential incidents are averted.
Our LDAR service includes:
- Comprehensive Gas Detection: Our 24/7 gas leak detection system is finely tuned to detect hundreds of industrial gases promptly and accurately. This ensures that leaks are quickly identified and addressed, preventing their escalation into hazardous situations.
- Emissions Quantification: Our system goes beyond detection and enables the quantification of flow rates and emissions. This capability aids in calculating the carbon footprint of your facilities, contributing to your environmental responsibility.
- Early Failure Analysis: Leveraging fixed camera gas detection alarm systems, we facilitate early failure analysis. This not only prevents incidents but also minimises downtime and operational disruptions.
- Real-Time Insights: The integration of an Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) handheld camera equips you with real-time gas detection and quantification data. This live feed enables quick decision-making and proactive mitigation.
The rise of unmanned industrial sites comes with its set of challenges, including increased accidents and elevated insurance premiums. Our LDAR service and gas detection sensors combat these challenges. While safety remains a top priority, our sensors also address the environmental concerns we collectively face.
To align with net-zero emissions policies, the demand for continuous monitoring and LDAR services has never been more needed. By adopting an LDAR programme from Vectur Energy, energy businesses like yours can show their commitment to responsible practices and emissions reduction.
Ready to learn more about LDAR and how your business would benefit? Read more here: https://www.vecturenergy.com/leak-detection-and-repair-services-ldar/
- United States Environmental Protection Agency, Leak Detection and Repair: Best Practices Guide, 7 (Oct 2007)